Looking for creative ideas for your business? Or still wondering what your passion is?
In this episode, I interview artist Amy Davis who developed her hand-lettering skills and found her tribe on Instagram few years ago, while she was healing from her surgeries.
Learn how to develop your creative skills and stay positive when life gets in the way.
- [00:35] Introducing artist Amy Davis
- [02:16] How did you get started with hand-lettering?
- [05:24] Did you spend time on creative activities to heal from your surgeries or to feel happy?
- [06:43] About staying positive despite life getting in the way
- [07:50] Spreading positivity through art
- [08:50] How to connect with like-minded communities on Instagram
- [09:52] Did you have a background in art?
- [11:52] When was the first time you decided to do something related to writing?
- [12:58] About discovering our passion and how fragile life could be
- [16:28] Do we need a wake-up to discover what really matters to us?
- [17:58] Do you have other creative activities?
- [19:51] How online courses could help you express yourself
- [21:55] What has contributed to improving your skills?
- [23:06] When do you know when you are ready to sell your art?
- [25:02] About the benefits of joining online challenges
- [26:30] Is Etsy a good platform to sell your art?
- [27:37] How to start from scratch on Etsy and be seen?
- [29:47] About the power of Instagram
- [30:59] Fun chat related to pottery
- [31:49] Do you only sell online?
- [33:27] What do you use for digital hand-lettering?
- [34:42] Amy also provides logo creation services
- [36:00] Do you have any tips for someone who thinks she hasn’t any artistic skills?
- [37:26] Pottery takes too much space for me to practice that activity!
- [38:37] Where to find you online?
- [39:08] Conclusion and suggestion to practice a new creative skill.
Listen to the Audio
- Amy’s Website
- Amy’s art on Instagram
- Follow Amy on Facebook
- Meet Amy in March 2017 at the Arkansas Pen Club
- Hand-lettering course with Caroline Kelso
- Connect with Thuy on Twitter
- Follow Thuy on Facebook
If you enjoyed this episode, your ratings and reviews on iTunes will be greatly appreciated. It will also help more people discover the show.
Subscribe to the show on iTunes to receive automatically each new episode when they are published.
Feel free to share about the show using the sharing buttons on this page too.